Tomorrow is the big day! I’ve been extremely busy trying to get everything ready, and overall I’m fairly happy with how it all went. Unfortunately not everything got finished, in particular the Typhon, Vindicator and Annihilator didn’t get all their weathering done. On the up side, they got enough done that they shouldn’t look to out of place next to everything else. I’m also very pleased in that I managed to tick off a few little bits and pieces I’ve been meaning to get done for ages.
So, this may be a bit of a big update with a lot of pics…
First off, I tried my hand at making a few custom bases. Most of the bases I use are normally pre-cast, to which I then add lots of extra details. Because these are all odd sized bases, I didn’t have much choice but to make my own. In the end I’m glad I did, because I liked the way they turned out.
In the end they were pretty easy to do, thanks largely to the pile of plasticard and odds and ends I have lying around. The mesh is from a fly-wire/security door. I picked up a giant sheet of it from a distributor and it’s surprisingly easy to work with.
And what do the bases look like with manz on them?
I’ve decided to name my Knight Sir Jorran d’Harlock, Knight of House Hawkshroud and oathsworn to the Imperial Fists 5th company. He will get his first serious run on the table tomorrow, so hopefully he puts in a good account of himself. I apologize for the poor pics, I was in a bit of a rush when I took them. I’ll try and get some better ones in the near future…
Next up are the centurians. I wasn’t a huge fan of the models, so ended up trying some minor conversion to make them a little less stocky. I also wasn’t happy with how transfers of the chapter symbols were working on the curved shoulder pads so I ended up free handing them. I’m fairly happy with how they turned out.
And finally, Sanguinem Venator finally has a base!
Again, I apologize for the distinctly average pics, but as I said, I was in a bit of a rush!
Well, fingers crossed for a great game tomorrow!